No one ever likes to clean your bathroom but by accepting the fact that you have to clean your bathroom no matter what will make the work little bit less painful. Bathroom is one word and we think it’s a small space and it’s easy to clean your bathroom. But for your kind information bathroom has bathtub to clean, shower to clean, faucets to clean, toilet to clean, walls to clean, floor to clean, sink or counter area to clean, mirror to clean and many such small little places to clean. Thus don’t take cleaning your bathroom very lightly and pay attention on it. Here are some of the ways which will help you to clean your bathroom like a pro and get a sparkling clean bathroom.
Remove all things which don’t belong to bathroom
Many of the times, there are several things in the bathroom which don’t even belong to bathroom like trash, cups and clothes. Many of the times toys of your kids are also wondering in your bathroom and hence while cleaning your bathroom make sure to remove all the extra items out of your bathroom and make it empty. Also if there is any movable storage or any stool or any side tables then also take it out of the bathroom so that you can clean your bathroom properly and effectively.
Pour some bleach or another cleaner in toilet
Toilet bowl is such a place where there is accumulation of germs and thus while cleaning your bathroom you need to pay a little extra attention to your toilet bowl. Put some bleach or any other cleaning solution into the toilet bowl and let it stay for some while over there. After some while use a brush and clean your toilet bowl with the brush. Make sure to open the door or put on the fan during this cleaning process to get proper ventilation. If you want to go a little green while cleaning your bathroom than you can mix up a tablespoon of baking powder into 75/25 mixture of white vinegar and water.
Not only in case of cleaning your bathroom, but in any of the rooms, whenever you clean you start cleaning from top and end up cleaning at the bottom. Start dusting from the ceiling of the bathroom. Clear out any of the cobwebs seen on the ceiling as well as on the walls. This will make so much dust on the floor but don’t clean it at the moment. Clean the windows and any other spot where you see the dust. After that sweep the floor properly and then go for washing the floor with cleaning solution.
Make sure to clean the sink and shower while cleaning your bathroom. Sink and shower both are those spots which are used daily in the bathroom and thus clean it properly with good cleaning solution and remove every dirt seen on it.
Gambrel roof is such a roof whose shape is ridged and has two slopes on each side, first is steeper and the other one is shallower. It got its name because of its shape. It is said that the shape of the gambrel roof is likely to form the shape of the hind leg of horse which was some time denoted as gambrel. It is very popular in some kind of houses specifically those built in the Dutch colonial style which is prominent in Hudson River valley. Let’s see some of its advantages or we can say the reason of it being so popular and prominent.
These gambrel roofs are so much popular and the reason behind it is its steep lower slope which gave the maximum space for head and availing the home with a large loft space which can be used as a attic or even as an bedroom. If you still want more space then you can add dormer window along with the gambrel roof. Use trusses instead of traditional rafters as it allows even more space for storage as it supports the gambrel space.
Previously gambrels were not compatible to have loads of snow and rain water thus it cannot be placed in such areas with heavy rainfall or snowfall to maintain the longetivity of roofs. But now with the help of mote modern materials gambrels are now capable of holding heavy loads either of snow, rain or water. It has become very strong now.
Many types of roofs are very strong but they are not eye pleasing but this is not so in case of gambrel roofing. Though it is complex but still it looks very attractive and pleasant. Hip roofs and gabled roofs are very less interesting visually while hipped gable roof and mansard roofs are good but they are too busy. While apart from all this gambrel roof had two crooked lines which is very simple and elegant.
Gambrel roofs need very less framing work and thus it takes very less space and thus it leaves more options for floor plans. There is very less weight on the ceiling as the series of trusses which holds up the sides of gambrel space is very light weighted. Thus architect also have wider range of options while designing the house.
Gambrel roof undoubtedly offers a classy looks. It’s like those which is derived from colonial America. Recent homes which are using gambrel roofs are following American tradition. The well known Thomas Riggs house in Gloucester and Massachusetts have used gambler roof in their roofing.
The framing and construction work of gambler roofs are very simple. Usually the gambler roof is use two rafter systems which are attached by a horizontal nailer which is at the middle of the roof. But the new techniques permit to employ the gusset joints at the midrafter which is even more simple, better and comfortable.
Furniture repairing is a better option in order to save your money and finance. It’s better and advisable to repair your furniture timely rather than to replace it. And repairing it earlier is even better as it saves higher repairing charges and even it saves from any injury. Proper care is very necessary for any commodities whether you take indoor furniture or outdoor furniture. If you don’t do so it may result in injury and heavy loss and at last you will need a repairer or maintainer to keep your furniture in proper condition. Here are some of the tips for furniture repair.
- Don’t take a chance by waiting too long for the full damage of the furniture for getting it repaired. If you observe any defect in furniture you should instantly get it repaired. It is beneficial as at initial stage only a minor improvement is required than to get into a huge repairing expense at a later stage.
- Check the main point at which defect is prevailing to get to a conclusion how important it is to cure that defect and whether you can do it by yourself or not. DIY tasks re beneficial to save extra bills if you are of the opinion that you will be able to deal with the problem yourself without damaging the property more.
- If the damage is pretty much severe that you cannot deal with it then hire the professionals to deal with your furniture on your behalf. They are more experienced and knowledgeable in dealing with different types of furniture issues and know the perfect solution, ways and methods to overcome that issue.
- Find out a good native repairing store. The repairing work can make you realize how good it would it would have been if you have taken at first place. Look forward o the providers the corporate has to provide previously than making the final decision. The dependence level of corporate in dealing with your furniture links with the methods and instruments of repairing. There can be variety of methods and instruments for repairing your furniture.
- Try out some ideas or ways which can save your furniture from damage like in case of occasions rubber bases can be set up on the legs of your chair or table so as to save them from splitting while dragging on rough surfaces. This measure is 2 way advantageous as it also save your floor from damage while dragging of chair from the floor. There are lots of such measures which can save your furniture by whatever material it is made from.
- Properly analyze the defect and cost of repairing it. By evaluating it properly you can see forward as to replacing it with a new one or not. You can get an estimate cost from your repairer and if it is too high you can get new furniture instead of repairing it.
- Find out the requirements and care tips of your furniture depending upon the material from which it is made of. Get to know its maintenance tips and work according to it. This will lead to increase the life of your furniture and reducing its damages and repairing expenses.
If you are similar to the other homeowners who don’t pay attention, do not think upon its maintenance and go in and out without giving a thought upon its space then you are making mistake. It’s a fact that garage is a low maintenance part of your home but it’s not a no maintenance part just like you treat it. Your home’s value can be preserved by maintaining your garage into shape. Here are some of the tips which can help you do that.
Keep your garage door running smoothly
Newer garage door usually come self lubricated or with plastic parts which doesn’t need any oil. But in case of older doors you need to oil your doors regularly which come in hinges, tracks and metal rollers. You can use a leaf blower to remove all the dust, grit, bugs, cobwebs, grime and other such things from the door parts.
You should also check the rubber seal on the bottom of the door of your garage randomly. Through wear and tear, your door can chip or get hardened. This thing can allow the different elements to seep inside your garage. In this case you should replace the seal. If you are not replacing, you may also face problems like your door hitting the ground hard and the jarring noise coming from the parts or allowing the light to peep inside your garage even after it is closed.
Clean the floor of your garage
You should hose down the floor of your garage at least once in a year so that stains, pockmarks which are caused by the auto fluids and road salts are cleaned out. By doing so, you can also prevent slip hazards. Take a note of not sealing or painting garage slabs. If you do so, the paint would chip, get discolored and the floor would become slippery so in case of floor, its better to leave concrete alone.
Monitor your garage walls and foundation
Interior and exterior walls of the garage must be inspected twice in a year. Even the foundation must also be inspected twice to check for any cracks or moisture. If you find any signs of mold or discoloration then it is definitely moisture which is seeping in through the walls or the roof. In this case you should call a professional for inspection and repairs. Ignoring these things will not be advisable. The cracks which are smaller than ¼ inch which are not causing water damage are not harmful.
Clean interior doors and gutters
Interior doors and gutters are also very important to inspect and clean. Check out that the door is properly weather-stripped. If your garage has any gutter then it is very important to clean them every spring and fall. Inspect your gutters for damage. Even check the roof of your garage for any missing shingles or missing tiles or any water damage.